Saturday, August 4, 2012

Re-Entry

After grueling 21 hours of travel, we arrived back in MN just as a thunderstorm hit.
I am going through a bit of culture shock.  Leaving Port Au Prince I could see the tin roofs and sketchy roads.  Arriving in Fort Lauderdale I looked down on intricate highways , lush green golf courses and swimming pools.  What a contrast...
When l got home, I hugged my kids long and hard and thought about how blessed they were to have been born in this country...How rich we are and don't even realize it.  I hope that I can remember that in the weeks and months to come.  God has blessed us with so much and we are called to share our resources with others who are so less fortunate.  It sounds so cliche yet it's so easy to lose sight of in our culture in the US.   It all belongs to God and we need to have an eternal perspective when it comes to our "stuff".
Please pray for the people of Haiti.    And pray for your our hearts as well, that God will soften them and turn them toward Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment